SG an 80 year old brand acknowledged as the largest cricket gear logo in India, a nation where cricket is a religion. The brand was looking to stay relevant in the new age.
The challenge – To reposition the brand as a world class, dependable entity in a market flooded with MNC brands like Nike, Reebok, Adidas etc.
The rebranding exercise was preceded by a process of learning about the company, the brand, the business and its Human aspects. Visual communication spanned instilling the brand values and creating a powerful icon using stylized typography encapsulated by a shield. Visual architecture included deploying a brand strap line as an inner call of inspiration to the sportsperson: Believe. Become.
Brand Identity – Bold, Robust, Performance in the face of adversity. SG reflects the courage that sportspeople demonstrate by winning against the odds.
Read More about SG
Rebranding – The golden rules
As per Procreate Branding, one of the top design agencies of Mumbai, rebranding should adhere to the following rules.
- Rebranding should convey a brand story
- Never ever compromise the existing brand equity
- Do not tamper unnecessarily – If it’s not broke, don’t fix it
- Rebranding should always amplify the brand appeal
- Do not take half measures in rebranding exercises
- Do not rebrand just for the sake of it without a genuine need
– Akhilesh Prasad
CEO, Procreate Branding, a Mumbai based creative powerhouse and a seasoned professional with over two decades of experience in the areas of advertising, marketing, brand building and continuum.